Thursday, April 21, 2011

Resolution - Frankenstein

"Blasted as thou wert, my agony was still superior to thine..." (166).

The creation spoke these words to the deceased Frankenstein in the final scene of the novel. It kind of struck me as odd when reading this line. "My agony was still superior to thine" just says to me, "Hey Victor, sorry about everything, but I still went through more than you ever did, so my life is worse." If the creation was really so remorseful I don't know why he would find it necessary to throw that line in while he was speaking to him. It just seemed a little insensitive to me at least. My suspicions were also correct that the creation would be on the boat with Victor and Robert. I was not expecting them both to die though. I was hoping Victor would finally get revenge and go back to a normal life. But I suppose he would never really be able to have a normal life again regardless without any loved ones left in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment