Sunday, August 8, 2010

2. Suspense

First of all, chapter 2 sort of threw me for a loop there when it turned into 1st person. The first chapter was not in 1st person I don't believe, so when the next section began I was confused there for a bit. But moving on, Jimmy Cross came to visit O'Brien in this section. They talked about old times and old friends. Towards the end, O'Brien tells Cross that he wishes to write a book about him. On page 29, Cross "hesitated for a second," then he said, "And do me a favor. Don't mention anything about-". Does anyone else really want to know what that little incident is? I know I sure do. I'm just hoping that it is actually something of interest because I also feel as if he could maybe just have been referring to the incident of Lavender's death. I am hoping that that is not all it is, but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering the same thing! I thought that he might have been referring to Lavender's death, or maybe even his creepy obsession with Martha. Either way, I hope we find out what he was talking about later on in the book. I hate being left hanging like that.

    ReplyDelete